We've all seen ads for them whether we're trying to watch tv online, game, or nearly anything else. They're everywhere. My favorite is Kayla123, whose boyfriend seems to break up with her time I go to surfthechannel to watch Battlestar Galactica. But I digress.
Cam girl offer an intimate experience for people who want something more personalized than porn. For a lot of women who choose to be a cam girl, it allows exploration in the sex industry without some of the risks associated with stripping at a club and escorting. Some do it for the money, some for the thrill of being watched. I'm a bit of an exhibitionist and if I could ever get my partner to consent, would love to give it go either solo or partnered. There's something about knowing I'm being watched that thrills me.
Being in control also excites me. Yes, those paying make requests but I'm still ultimately in power with the right to say no. It's...well...empowering which is part of what sex work is about to me. And by doing it on webcam there's little risk. The biggest worry is that someone you know might see you or someone could record the stream. If that's a worry, there are wigs (just secure that thing to your head!) and if your stream gets recorded and uploaded most companies are good about getting those videos taken down.
There are a lot of sites out there so it's worth checking out what they each offer. LiveJasmin is one of the most popular ones with some of the highest traffic. MyFreeCams has also been recommended for beginners. The one that's appealed to me is InternetModeling.com. They have a few points that I really like:
- Training - lots of newbies aren't entirely sure what to do which can cost them. You wouldn't start any other new job without training, would you?
- Weekly pay - Because 2 weeks can be a long time between paychecks
- No minimum payout - Who decided to have a min. anyway?
- Several payment methods - Paypal! Sometimes you need to be more discreet/don't want things linked to a bank account.
- Affiliate program - Agents make 10% of what the models they get to sign up make. Unlike some companies where that money comes from the model's check, InternetModeling pays you.
I maintain, who doesn't want to get paid for doing what they should be doing already. C'mon ladies, you've been told before: masturbation is good for you! Venture into a sex shop/website/sex party and get your own big fat dildo! You can even name it! My friend named one of her's Justin since it quite literally was a "dick in a box."Be creative and have fun!